Tuesday 5 February 2013

Tea and Toast

It's been 3 months today and I still can't believe it most days.
Everytime I wish for the weekend to come faster, I stop and wish time would stand still instead, every day and week takes us further from when you were with us last.

3 of the kids have turned a year older with you being there, H started walking and the next grandbaby will be here very soon. H's Christening and Christmas were both so hard without you.

I miss talking to you on the phone, nobody else cares about the details like you did.
Reading your books makes me sad that you aren't here to tell me what you think about them.
I'm lonely with you and never again seems so impossible.
I wish I'd asked you more questions, nobody else knows the answers now.
I wish we'd known we didn't have much time left.
I wish I'd visited you more especially that last week.
I wish we knew what you wanted done with things.

I'm glad you were here for all 5 of my children being born.
And so many birthdays and other special days.
I'm sorry about the bad things I did, the times I just didn't think.
I'm sorry I was a horrible teenager.
I hope you know how much we all love you.
I hope you know how much dad loved you.

We're all a bit lost without you.
You were our glue.

I miss you so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment